Michael Neumann <neumann / s-direktnet.de> wrote in message news:<20011219235124.C2781 / michael.neumann.all>...
> Ryo Furue wrote:
[...]
> > Correct.  But, I'd like to add that there are lots of people (me
> > included) who have found Ruby is fun!  It does bring fun back to me.
> > YMMV, though.
>
> As I am young and not contamined with COBOL, FORTRAN and all the other
> "nice" languages, programming was fun from the beginning.

Lucky you!  Until a few years ago I had long had to program in Fortran
77, which was a horrible experience.  So much so that I even now
shudder from fear at a glimpse of Fortran 77 code :-)  (I'm
exaggerating.  A moment ago I was cutting and pasting a peice of F77
code a colleague of mine wrote into my own Fortran 90 program.  At
least I wasn't trembling :)

So, I repeat Ruby brings fun back to me.  If you want to feel the joy
I have with Ruby, program in F77 for a few years :)

Sorry if some Fortran 77 fans out there are offended.  But, I bet the
intersection between F77 fans and Ruby fans is almost an empty set, so
no one from the former group is listening to me....

Cheers,
Ryo