On Feb 13, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote:

> # Why does nobody report such serious bug? (;_;)
> # I need bug reports and feature requests to improve Ruby/Tk.

I am a regular user of Ruby/Tk, so perhaps I may be permitted to
comment on this.

Ruby/Tk is a huge, complex library with very little English
documentation. Neither ri nor the Pickaxe Book, which I rely on when
I run into problems with Ruby, are of much help with Ruby/Tk beyond
the most elementary level. That means I must rely on your examples
posted on ruby-lang.org and your Ruby ML posts whenever I venture
into new Ruby/Tk territory. These are very helpful, but by following
closely in your footsteps, I never go where the bugs live. I only go
where you have already been and where you have chased the bugs away.
Therefore, I'm not likely to encounter bugs. But there is another
story. Suppose I do try something not covered by your examples and it
doesn't work: I don't think I found a bug. I merely think I don't
understand Ruby/Tk or the underlying Tk/Tcl (another huge and complex
library) well enough.

As for new features, there are already so many features I have yet to
master that it would seem the utmost arrogance for me to request
anything beyond what is already there.

Regards, Morton