--phbq2bkSb+hZnunM

Hello, good folks of ruby-talk.

I running into memory leaking issues when trying to profile my
code with ruby-prof 0.6.0 on Ruby 1.9. Two scenarios, in which 1.8
is Ubuntu packaged Ruby 1.8.6.p111, while 1.9 is hand-compiled
Ruby 1.9.0.r14709. ruby-prof 0.6.0 from RubyGems in both cases.
Memory usage reported with the proprietary, highly scientific method
of Looking at Live Htop Changes in Memory Usage for the Whole System
Times are time real/user, the ruby-prof printer is graph_html.

Ruby 1.8:
* the code ran with plain Ruby executes in 1m41s/1m22s,
  the memory consumption stays below 300 MiB.
* the code ran with ruby-prof executes in 4m35s/2m49s,
  the memory consumption stays below 320 MiB.

Ruby 1.9:
* the code ran with plain Ruby executes in 0m30s/0m30s,
  the memory consumption stays below 310 MiB.
* the code ran with ruby-prof executes inwell, I stopped the execution
  when the memory consumption passed my laptop 1 GiB and made
  a 350 MiB dent at my temp partition.

Are there any known memory issues with ruby-prof 0.6.0 on Ruby 1.9?

Unfortunately, the code under profiling being the code behind my PhD,
I can currently open source it (I will once my research is complete);
I can send it to people off-list (provided it doesn get shared
further).

Thanks in advance for any comments/ideas.

-- Shot
--
When I do it, it's development. When you do it, it's coding.
When he does it, it's mindless hacking.      -- Paul Tomblin

--phbq2bkSb+hZnunM

--phbq2bkSb+hZnunM--