"Holden Glova" <dsafari / xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:20011220051253.GIPQ28825.mta1-rme.xtra.co.nz / there...

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:08, MikkelFJ wrote:
> > But there are also problems with Ant.
> > 1) It does not handle dependency generation.
> > I want good customized dependecy generation - Jam has customized
> > headerscanning. Ant only has a crude - this task depends on that
> Ant 1.4 does handle dependencies and does not do a full rebuild
> everytime you ask it to build as long as you use the <depend> tag
> AFAIK.

Yes it does support the depend tag. But not _generation_ as in scanning
headers for includes or using external tools that does similar things.
What I have said about rebuild is taken from their 1.4.1 documentation. That
it doesn't always rebuild everything relies on the individual tools doing
the work themselves. There is a section about this in the FAQ as I recall.
That said, I've never been using Ant. I just looked through it yesterday.

MikkelFJ