On 2/10/08, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/10/08, Alex Shulgin <alex.shulgin / gmail.com> wrote:
they are exactly the same as in the Integer class.

> > Huh?..  And what is the result for $5 divided by $1? ;)
>
> What, do you want me to do all of the OP's work for him for free?

Actually, I rather blithely skipped over the real point in Alex's question.

Although my code shows how to do coercion via double dispatching  in
Ruby, it ignores the domain question of what does it mean to add an
integer to a currency.

$5 + 1 what?

It's not clear that an integers and currency really SHOULD be
compatible in this way.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby