> Well, the idea is to set up a stream on a string and
> then pass it to a
> method that expects a file, for testing purposes. So
> I can do it to
> the extent that the method only uses methods that
> Strings understand.

You can just define the extra methods that you'd be
using on the file on the String.  I've been doing that
lately just doing one-offs when I need it.  It doesn't
usually present too much extra work.  You can either
create the extra methods on the String class, or of
course on the specific String instance in question.

Chad