On Feb 9, 2008 2:36 PM, Leon Bogaert <leon / tim-online.nl> wrote:
> the initialize method isn't overwritten.

I think this is because the class has "overwritten" the initialize
method from the module (sort of how a child class will do regarding
its parent). Hrm hrm hrm. basically, when you call test.new it goes to
the Test class and says, "Okay. Do i have an initialize method here?
Ah! Yes. Here it is." And runs it. If it didn't find one, it would
kick up to the module's initialize method, or if the initialize method
for the class called on the module's... Remember that the chain
looking for methods trickles UP the inheritence chain and that
including modules is a similar chain.

Sorry I don't have another suggestion, but maybe that'll point you in
the right direction?

Ben