> As coding assembler is fun

I can see that you never had to code anything big in assembler.  Speaking as
one who was forced to do this many times, I can safely say it was never fun.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Neumann [mailto:neumann / s-direktnet.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 3:00 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ruby-talk:29030] Re: But is it Fun?

Ryo Furue wrote:
> bobh / hslda.org (Robert) wrote in message
news:<4a249347.0112181814.4657f513 / posting.google.com>...
> > edwardhatfield1 / aol.com (Edward Hatfield) wrote in message
news:<53afde8.0112180614.6ca84fff / posting.google.com>...
> > > I've been watching Ruby with great interest over
> > > the last year, but I have to ask...
> > >
> > > Is it Fun?  Does it bring fun back into programming?
> > >
> > > Or is it just another language, that has some cool
> > > features.
> >
> > Like everything it is subjective. Try and see...
>
> Correct.  But, I'd like to add that there are lots of people (me
> included) who have found Ruby is fun!  It does bring fun back to me.
> YMMV, though.

As I am young and not contamined with COBOL, FORTRAN and all the other
"nice" languages, programming was fun from the beginning.

As coding assembler is fun, Ruby is fun, too. But beeing productive is
more fun, and that's why Ruby is more fun than coding assembler.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann