I have been screwing with this for the last hour, and I still cant get
it (so frustrating when you get stuck on matters that seem trivial).

I am trying to delete all the contents from the temporary internet files
in vista, and I keep getting an invalid argeument error.

cache_dir = ENV['USERPROFILE'] +
"\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Temporary Internet Files\\*.*"

FileUtils.rm(cache_dir)

I have tried several different variations, of backtick, single quotes,
double quotes, etc, etc....even tried deleting a single file, and it
always gives me the same error. Also tried rm_r, rm_rf...still no luck.

could someone explain to me what I am doing wrong? thanks!