On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Edward Hatfield wrote:

> I've been watching Ruby with great interest over
> the last year, but I have to ask...
>
> Is it Fun?  Does it bring fun back into programming?
>
> Or is it just another language, that has some cool
> features.

I'm a programming-language-oholic that had gradually lost my enthusiasm in
new languages. Not much new out there...

Since I found Ruby I'm having fun again. YMMV.

And one never knows of long-term effects. Maybe in 15 years we'll look
back and think of Ruby and say "Well, it had some cool features...". It
doesn't feel like it right now but you never know...

/Robert Feldt