Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:02889] /p is obsolete"
    on 00/05/18, Dave Thomas <Dave / thomases.com> writes:

|The /p change in the last CVS update has stopped a whole lot of stuff
|working (such as rd).
|
|Is there any chance that we can have it back, but issuing a warning,
|until these applications are updated?

Due to the size of flag bits, I had to choose either /p or /m.
The only options I could make was:

  a) making /p obsolete; raise syntax error.
  b) making /p works as /m with warning

/p and /m are slightly different in behavior of ^ and $.
^ and $ does not match newlines in /p, they do in /m.
If these anchors do not appear in /p regexp, /m act just same.

And `m' stands for multiline, it works like Perl's /sm.

							matz.