Hi,

While coding a C extension with Ruby 1.6.5 (i586-mswin), I noticed
Visual C++ couldn't find rb_cv_get, rb_cv_set,
rb_define_class_variable ("undeclared identifier").  ruby.h has
prototypes for instance variable routines like rb_iv_get/set/etc, but
nothing for rb_cv_get/set/etc.  But variable.c has the actual code for
the class variable routines.  So, I wound up doing declaring the
prototypes for these routines myself ("extern ...") and got my code to
work.

I checked my copies of ruby-1.6.4.tar.gz and ruby-1.6.5.tar.gz and I
can't find the class variable routines in their ruby.h files.

Is there a special reason these class variable functions are not
declared in ruby.h (e.g. are they outdated by something else, or I
have to use rb_eval), or maybe I should download Ruby again?

Thanks in advance,

Li-Te