matz / ruby-lang.org (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote in message news:<1008234594.530220.5201.nullmailer / ev.netlab.jp>...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for being late.
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:27159] Bug fix for ruby-mode.el"
>     on 01/12/01, "Matt Armstrong" <matt+dated+1007619975.5465a7 / lickey.com> writes:
>
> |The current CVS version of ruby-mode.el breaks fontification for
> |strings like this one:
> |
> |    "foo\\"
> |
> |Emacs does not recognize the second " as the end of the string.  I am
> |seeing this with Emacs 21.
>
> I confirmed the problem  And thank you for the fix.

Hello,

I was just working on adding a function (ruby-current-defun) to the
ruby-mode.el which should enable the add-change-log-entry function to
detect ruby class- and function names correctly. First I added this to
add-log.el but the people on the xemacs patches mailing list told to
put it into ruby-mode.el.

So I downloaded the current version (1.37) and found that the new
lines that seem to be working on the problem in this thread cause some
errors. When you simply hit ENTER at the beginning of a file with a
shebang and maybe some comments above you always get an
beginning-of-buffer error which comes from the lines

(save-excursion
    (forward-char -1)
    (not (looking-at "\\?")))
(skip-chars-backward " \t")

in ruby-calculate-indent.
A fast fix that I typed was:

(if (not (= (point) (point-min)))
    (save-excursion
	(forward-char -1)
	(not (looking-at "\\?"))))
(skip-chars-backward " \t")

but I'm not sure  if that's OK.

Furthermore I'd like to ask you how I should give out my fixes to
ruby-mode.el, since I've been working on ruby support in (X)Emacs a
bit (func-menu, skeletons, auto-insert)

For a last: it would be very kind to CC to
mail AT skamphausen DOT de
because I read this only via google.

Thanks And Regards
Stefan Kamphausen