On Tue, Feb 05, 2008, Gerry Ford wrote:
> #!/usr/bin/env ruby
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'fruit_processor'
>
> #if __FILE__ == $0
> processor = FruitProcessor.new
> ARGV[0] == nil ? dir = "." : dir = ARGV[0]
> processor.pre_process dir
> #end

Ah, okay.  You're looking for C-style precompiler directives, yeah?  No
such thing in Ruby.  To do what you want, just take off the hashes.
Stylistically, indent the body of the loop as well.

Ruby's an interpreted language with no compilation step, so everything
is interpreted top to bottom.  There's no harm in putting conditionals
like this in the main body, because if the condition fails it'll just
skip over the body of the conditional.

> My second question is about the shebang line: #!
> I was surprised to find that it matters what's written here when using
> the windows platform.  There is no env folder in the bin folder, so if
> that's a path, then it's a path to nowhere.  What "should" the first
> line say?

Can't help you there, unfortunately.  I only keep a Windows machine for
gaming :)

Ben