Bill,
If this is on a windows box, which I'm gonna assume since I dunno how
I'd do this with a real os + mono, just use win32ole to create the object.

I've used several homemade .net classes from vbscript before, and I've
played with them in ruby, but only went so far as to see it was possible.

More or less it's using it just like any other windows class.  I don't have any
of my old backups on hand, so I can't copy out examples, but look at the
ones in the ruby win32ole docs, and look at the [vb/j]script examples on
the msdn site.

--Kyle