Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2008/2/4, Idealone Ideally <shekarls / gmail.com>:
>> methods require server to be up & running.
>> My question is , Can i start the server and keep it active plus it comes
>> out of the system call and start executing other methods respectively.
>>
>> Let me know if you require any more information on this issue.
>
> Ruby's threads are green threads and hence are blocked during blocking
> system calls.
>
> Try using 'cmd /c "start D:\\ruby\\bin\\selenium.cmd"'
>
> Cheers
>
> robert

I have tried to elaborate on what i was looking for : hope this is clear

Snippet of my code(ruby):

system("D:\ruby\bin\selenium.cmd")  --> This opens a batch file which
runs selenium SERVER on which i need to run the below given methods!

#Creating an Object to call Methods   --> Here I am creating an object
from which i intend calling methods which exists another class file
masterload = MasterLoad.new()

# Start cvis on the given URL              --> Method 1 ..calling the
webapplication
selenium = masterload.cvis_start(url)

# Log into Cvis               --> Method 2 ..logging into the web
application
masterload.cvis_login(userid, password)

#Select a Client            --> Method 3..    I have multiple methods
like this
masterload.cvis_selectClient(clientName)

Question1 : All the methods mentioned requires selenium
server(system("D:\ruby\bin\selenium.cmd")) to be running, selenium
server invokes an browser on which these methods are executed.
        Problem i am facing is once selenium server starts, how does it
go to Method1...as far as my little knowledge is concern until it comes
out of the system method,  it doesnt go to the second method.
        What i am looking for is I want to start selenium server plus
run all the methods.

Cheers