Tim Hunter wrote:
> Dan Ford wrote:
>> TIA.
>> --
>
> Welcome to Ruby!

> comp.lang.ruby newsgroup if you're more comfortable with USENET. There
> are no moderators. There are many regulars.

Well, you sound friendly enough.  I looked with my news client at
comp.lang.ruby, and these messages are, to my surprise, there for the
perusal.  I've updated this site to match my usenet pseudonym.  I wanted
to make # the original subject, but the forum software demanded that I
embellish.

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'rubygems'
require 'fruit_processor'

#if __FILE__ == $0
processor = FruitProcessor.new
ARGV[0] == nil ? dir = "." : dir = ARGV[0]
processor.pre_process dir
#end

My second question is about the shebang line: #!
I was surprised to find that it matters what's written here when using
the windows platform.  There is no env folder in the bin folder, so if
that's a path, then it's a path to nowhere.  What "should" the first
line say?