Hello all,

I am trying to get a file into an array using .scan and I can't seem
to get anything to work properly.

I am reading in a file of email addresses (1 per line) and it all
seems to come in as 1 long string some how.  I am trying to use scan
to break it up into an array of emails so that I can do some uniq
checks and validation with other arrays.  But I just don't seem to get
it right.

My code right now is as follows:

emails = File.open("/users/lem/desktop/test/
POCs_DNB.txt","r").readlines.map! {|x| x.chomp}   # Read in the list
of emails
email.scan(/\S+/)  # To mach on spaces (I assume).  I thought I would
be matching on new lines
puts email   # To verify

When I did an inspect on the email variable The address appeared as
such

"foo1 / bar.edu\foo2 / bar.com\foo3 / bar.gov......"

This is my absolute first time working with .scan and regular
expressions so I have a little bit of a learning curve with this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.