On Feb 4, 2008 4:46 AM, James Gray <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Matthew Moss wrote:
>
> >> To clarify though, I build turn-based strategy games that don't have
> >> very complex needs.  I don't do any realtime rendering or 3D
> >> graphics.
> >
> > What games, James? I like TBS.  =)
>
> I've made a couple of little projects in the past that some friends of
> mine have played around with.  Nothing big or public so far.
>
> However, I do have a turn-based strategy game in development now that
> is intended for public release.

One of my plans has always been to build online turn based strategy games,
but I never have the time to do so properly. I mean not developing the games
per se, but just taking board games and making an online site to play them.
Right now I have nearly finished an Alhambra
(http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6249)
implementation, but just the engine with a CLI. My plan was to develop some
simple games like that one or Citadels (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/478)
and based on that experience, then build a framework to develop online games
easily.

I was also developing a Diplomacy Adjudicator, but that was in Java before
I started learning Ruby, and never finished it either :-(

> I need probably a few more months
> before it will be fully ready to show, but it's moving along.

I don't have too much time now (two little kids take away any hope of sitting
at the computer for more than 5 minutes), but if you need a hand for some
simple tasks I might be able to help...

Jesus.