------art_1218_30025678.1202096766350

> I guess my eyes missed the ".read" after the STDIN .  The "STDIN" jumped
> out
> and I thought it took an IO-like object.  I was able to just remove a
> couple
> lines of Steve's code and rename the class to get it to work with the
> tests
> (unit and random performance benchmark).  It mismatches in both the unit
> tests and the performance benchmark, but I if I remove the self-checking I
> was able to run the performance benchmark.  It was only about 6800
> chars/second which is near the bottom of the heap.  Not sure how valid
> that
> is since the parser has problems though.

Hey Eric,

What do you mean it mismatches?   Also what do you mean by self-checking?
It passes all the unit tests for me.

I just found out why you probably had problems with my solution on the
benchmark.  You need to call .value on the object returned by the parser to
get the actual parsed json value.

     t  .report("#{depth} #{l}") { tree2  arser.parse(s) }
-->
     t  .report("#{depth} #{l}") { tree2  arser.parse(s).value }

- steve

------art_1218_30025678.1202096766350--