> > On Jan 31, 2008 3:56 PM, Matthew Borgeson <hibridmatth... / sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  Everything else since then has been done using VS2005 and C#. The C# language is like tying
> your hands behind your back compared to the elegance of Ruby but the
> ease of dragging and dropping widgets and having the wiring together
> done behind the scenes is worth it :-(
>
> I'd love to get back into what current projects and revisions of GUI
> builders are out there for Ruby though!

I would agree %100 with your comparison of C# and Ruby. Ruby almost
feels like it has a forgiving, intuitive soul, that understands what
you want it to do. C# on the other hand, feels more like a cold dead
thing, that will obey your command, if you ask nicely, but has no
intuition. Another option down the line for you may be Microsoft's
IronRuby. I sort of cringe at the thought of IronRuby though. Its like
turning Ruby into a Borg,
...resistance is futile... you will assimilate!...
There is another tool by ActiveState called Tk Gui Builder (formally
called SpecTCL). It will create a Tk GUI for Ruby, Perl, and a few
other platforms, and has the RAD feel to it. Unfortunately it is no
longer supported, I recently gave GUI Builder a try, and although it
works well, it made some things more difficult. In the end, I found it
easier to write the code for the GUI myself.  It might be worth you
having a look a though. There is also a small Google Group called
"Ruby And The Tk Toolkit", that you might find useful.