Carl Bernardi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some problems with WWW::Mechanize.  When I use the get(url)
> method it unpredictably returns either WWW::Mechanize::File or
> WWW::Mechanize::Page.

> Since it's a HTML page that I am downloading, I
> need to always need it to return a page and not a file for what I am
> doing.  The content type for this page is "text/plain" which I think is
> part of the problem which might have something to do with it.
>

>>Class  WWW::Mechanize::Page
>>Synopsis
>>This class encapsulates an HTML page. If Mechanize finds a content type of ???text/html???, this class >>will be instantiated and returned.

Presumably that means if the content type is not text/*html*, then a
Page will not be returned.  That makes sense since the synopsis says
that a Page encapsulates an *HTML* page.

>>WWW::Mechanize::File
>>If Mechanize cannot find an appropriate class to use for the content type, this class will be used. For >>example, if you download a JPG, Mechanize will not know how to parse it, so this class will be >>instantiated.

Since Mechanize is used to parse forms and html, that makes sense: if
you don't have an html page(i.e. one with a Content-Type = text/*html*),
then you can't parse it as html.

>The content type for this page is "text/plain" which I think is
>part of the problem which might have something to do with it.

A page with a content type of 'text/plain' is telling you that the page
is not html. Are you saying that the page is actually html even though
the page says that it does not contain html?