Perl is a horrible language as far as aesthetics are concerned.

The expressions you want to do are riddled with snoopy swearing
characters.
I would never recommend it as a learning language.

Ruby is a lot better, however ruby in TOTAL is actually rather complex.

If you like CSS, html etc... you can start learning PHP, because despite
being a horrible language as far as design is concerned, PHP itself is
rather easy.

I dont think C, Java etc... fall into this language anyway because they
dont really have the ease of dynamic programming at all.

That being said though I think a ruby programmer should couple ruby with
a language like C++ C Java, not only because of speed, but also i.e. in
case of C to extend ruby. (I dont really use ruby for work, I use it for
fun and every task I need to do here)