On Feb 1, 2008 7:10 PM, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
> > Ruby and Python are pretty decent choices, I think.
>
> To the list of high-level dynamic languages for teaching programming, I'd
> add Logo (specifically UCBLogo), Perl, and probably DrScheme.

Why Perl?  I know Perl fairly well, unfortunately having done most of
my programming in it over the last 12 years, but I don't see why it
would be appropriate for teaching.  I'd think all the weird
irregularities would get in the way, but if you actually have
experience with it, I'd like to hear why I'm wrong (if I'm wrong).

Eivind.