On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:54 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> John Joyce wrote:
>> A quicker easier way? Well, that's a good question, initially, I
>> think of RubyCocoa, but of course it requires a little
>> understanding of the Cocoa/NextStep/OpenStep world.... however,
>> what I don't know and am very curious about now is whether or not
>> there is a RubyCocoa equivalent for GNUOpenStep (or is it
>> GNUStep?) itself!!?
>
> *  gnustep-libs/rigs
>       Latest version available: 0.2.2.20050714-r1
>       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
>       Unstable version:         0.2.2.20050714-r1
>       Use Flags (stable):       -debug -doc
>       Size of downloaded files: [no/bad digest]
>       Homepage:    http://www.gnustep.org/experience/RIGS.html
>       License:     LGPL-2.1 GPL-2

Ed you're a saint!
Now I have a reason to put up with the things I don't like about
linux GUIs!
I've long felt the biggest problem with Linux for the desktop
(meaning for everyday people) is that the interfaces stink when
you're used to OS X or even Windows. The decentralized nature of it
is that things are pretty fugly at times and inconsistent.
KDE is nicer looking, but the overall system lacks consistency with
that or Gnome.
I love using the Mac, but I have little love for their business
practices. Microsoft is also, more obviously, hard to love...
I'm now looking forward to playing with gnustep on linux!