Hello,

I am planning to work on a 'make' replacement tool (written in Ruby of
course)
in the following weeks. Not much work done yet. I just wanted to see
if there is some interest/existing work in the community on this subject.

My idea is to describe targets as instances of some classes that have
to logic to build themselves appropriately ("CppLib" class,
"Jar" class, whatever ...)
Those objects need to be related together with dependency links.
Some "vaporware" code to illustrate this:

---- project.rb ----
class Project < Makefile

    Lib = CppLib.new
    Lib.add_source_files %w{ a.cpp b.cpp util.cpp }

    Exe = CppExe.new
    Exe.add_source_file "main.cpp"
    Exe.add_library Lib

end