2008/1/31 yangpeng <edge_hh / hotmail.com>:

> yeah, then how can I report this defect, if it is a defect?

I've spent some more time looking through the various Ruby test
suites, but I can't find any tests for this behavior. It's definitely
a bug. I believe the bug report for this should go to
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=426&atid=1698
under the category "Misc / Other Standard Library"

The issue seems to be that DRb is including the client version of
modules if it is available, whereas it should always include the
server one. To use RSpec in your example:
info.kind_of?(TestModule1).should be_false

or generically
describe DRb::DRbObject do

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney