On Jan 30, 2008, at 5:12 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2008, at 17:37 PM, John Joyce wrote:
>
>> What I am doing is building a gui wrapper in Cocoa on OS X for
>> common gem commands.
>> I want to later add gem install and gem uninstall, but I'm not
>> sure what the best way would be to handle gems that have more
>> involved install/uninstall processes, such as when the user is
>> prompted for [y/n]? input on whether to include a dependency or
>> something in that install/uninstall process.
>
> Talk to Chad Wooley.  He's writing a gem installer tool.

Ok, thanks,
one other thing,
I'd rather not go hacking gem, but If possible, as a feature request,
can we have a flag that turns off the headings?
 From digging through gem's code it certainly looks reasonably possible.
things such as
\n*** LOCAL GEMS ***\n\n

and
Updating metadata for 13 gems.........

It would be convenient as heck to have those easily turned off by a
command line flag so that parsing the output is cleaner.
How can I contact Chad Wooly?