On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 04:34:49AM +0900, Roger Pack wrote:
> I know this is controversial, but I wish that if you did
> string_1 + object_2 (or any object) that it would just call .to_s on
> object_2 (instead of having to write it explicitly).  I hate having to
> write extra .to_s's (even if it avoids ambiguity).  That's just me, but
> hey :)

  > irb
  irb(main):001:0> obj = Object.new
  => #<Object:0x8064048>
  irb(main):002:0> puts obj
  #<Object:0x8064048>
  => nil
  irb(main):003:0> puts obj.to_s
  #<Object:0x8064048>
  => nil

Seems like it already does what you want.  What am I missing?

Marvin Minsky: "It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could
actually spend Saturday afternoon watching a football game."