Nathan Viswa wrote:
> Thanks Stefano, Jesus for your time and explanation. Makes sense now.

Hi,

I'm also trying to sort a hash, but don't succeed for some reason.

My hash is build like this:

hash['key1']  = array_of_database_records_type_1
hash['key2']  = array_of_database_records_type_2
hash['key3']  = array_of_database_records_type_3
hash['key4']  = array_of_database_records_type_4

..
..

and so on. The hash's data values are arrays of rails active record
objects,
receifed from a find(:all) call, although their type shouldn't be of
importance when sorting by key, as I do:

sorted_hash_array = hash.sort

The array I receive is not sorted by keys at all, in fact its the same
array I get when I call hash.to_a without any sorting.

Sitting on this 'simple' problem for a few hours now, having no idea
what's the problem.

Any ideas?

Nico