Hi!

Sorry for the late reply.

Paul Nulty wrote:
>> An alternate approach if you don't want a specialized Domain Object
>> but rather a specialized generic Collection is described here:
>> <http://Rubylution.Ping.De/articles/2005/12/21/rubys-rich-array-api/>.
>> The basic idea is: copy the Array Class (remember, Classes are just
>> Objects, too!), remove the methods that you don't want, et voil?,
>> there is a List or a Stack or a Queue which isn't a subclass of Array
>> but actually "inherits" its behaviour.
> In this link that you posted, i don't understand the Array.extract
> syntax? where is this "extract" method coming from?

It's a method that the author of said article wrote to implement
exactly what I described: copying a class and deleting all methods not
in the "extract" list. (The method actually has a couple of more
tricks up its sleeve.) The implementation is actually linked in the
article: <http://Rubylution.Ping.De/files/extract.rb>.

jwm