I know you guys have beaten this subject to death, but I'm just not
getting a connection to SqlServer 2005.  It is installed locally, with
an instance name of DVN-P548.  I use my windows user name and password
to log in.

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'activerecord'

ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(
	:adapter => 'sqlserver',
	:mode => 'ADO',
	:host => 'P548-DVN',
	:dsn => '???',                             ** what is this supposed
to be???
	:database => 'CountsAAN',
	:username => 'my_windows_userid',
	:password => 'my_password'
)

class WiRecord < ActiveRecord::Base
end

Errors I get returned are either "Server does not exist or access is
denied" (thanks, MS, for narrowing this one down a bit), or "user is
not trusted", depending on what values I have attempted for host and
dsn.  What is host and dsn?  Believe it or not, I do not find a clear
definition in the rails handbook.

Do I want to use ADO, or should I use ODBC?  If odbc, where does one
find the connection string?  Being a windows user, I'm so used to
having everything done for me under the covers that I don't understand
any of the underlying details.

Thanks for everything,
dvn