On 24 ene, 08:25, Bill Kirschner <billkirsch... / yahoo.com> wrote:
> So I have used Ruby problem free on Windows XP however I am having
> problems using Ruby with Windows Vista. When I double click on a script
> that I have writen to run it the command prompt comes on and then
> dissapers. I think my program is executing just fine only I can never
> see it.
> This same thing happens when I am using Scite, only with Scite I can
> tell that the program has executed because of the Output side of Scite
> shows me it is working. I just cant see it run in the command prompt.
> Kind of frusterating, please help me. I never had a problem like this
> with XP.

I'll suggest you open a command prompt and have it all the time,
instead of rely on Scite or any other IDE console output.

I also suggest you use a more powerful console interface [1] instead
of simple Windows Command Prompt.

AFAIK, my installation of Windows XP with One-Click installer behave
the same way you described, but that is normal behavior since it's
calling ruby.exe which is a console application.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/console

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena