On 23 ene, 16:46, Kevin Williams <kev... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Luis Lavena wrote:
> > The pre-build gem of mysql 2.7.3 is build for 5.0.x version of MySQL,
> > anything above that will generate a segfault due changes in the API/
> > exported symbols of libmySQL.dll

> > That is correct, nothing wrong with your code.
>
> > Is a known problem of MySQL 5.0.x, and still wasn't solved in latest
> > version of it:
>
> >http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25621
>
> > The problem is the lack of a newer version of the installers (official
> > ones) for 5.0.x and the issue I mention above about pre-build gem.
>
> >> The code I'm using is below. It's messy and long winded, but it IS my first
> >> attempt ever at writing Ruby code - I like what I see so far, and I WILL get
> >> better at it :-)
>
> > You code looks good. The issue also happens on other platforms, not
> > just Windows ;-)
>
> >> Any suggetions would be very much appreciated!
>
> > Just ignore the error for the time being? :-)
> > I'm doing that on a daily basis, so maybe you can too ;-)
>
> > Regards,
>
> Is there anything I can do with the pre-built gem that would help? I
> stopped using MySQL personally over a year ago, but I have heard very
> few complaints about the pre-built gem since then. If I need to make a
> fresh build in one form or another, I can try.

Thank you Kevin for answering.

I've tried rebuild the gem with MySQL 5.1.x, but then it stops working
with MySQL 5.0.x, doing segfaults (the inverse scenario previously
described).

> Since I don't use MySQL anymore, anyone who wishes to take over the gem
> project could do so. Ping me off-list, my gmail account is 'kevwil'.

The thing is 5.1.x is "Release Candidate", and maintain compatibility
with boths gems seems overkill, mostly that you aren't around
anymore ;-)

I'll try to catch you later this weekend and maybe we can both come to
a good solution for it.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena