Luis Lavena wrote:

> The pre-build gem of mysql 2.7.3 is build for 5.0.x version of MySQL,
> anything above that will generate a segfault due changes in the API/
> exported symbols of libmySQL.dll
>

>> >Exit code: 0
>>

> That is correct, nothing wrong with your code.
>
> Is a known problem of MySQL 5.0.x, and still wasn't solved in latest
> version of it:
>
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25621
>
> The problem is the lack of a newer version of the installers (official
> ones) for 5.0.x and the issue I mention above about pre-build gem.
>
>> The code I'm using is below. It's messy and long winded, but it IS my first
>> attempt ever at writing Ruby code - I like what I see so far, and I WILL get
>> better at it :-)
>
> You code looks good. The issue also happens on other platforms, not
> just Windows ;-)
>
>> Any suggetions would be very much appreciated!
>
> Just ignore the error for the time being? :-)
> I'm doing that on a daily basis, so maybe you can too ;-)
>
> Regards,

Is there anything I can do with the pre-built gem that would help? I
stopped using MySQL personally over a year ago, but I have heard very
few complaints about the pre-built gem since then. If I need to make a
fresh build in one form or another, I can try.

Since I don't use MySQL anymore, anyone who wishes to take over the gem
project could do so. Ping me off-list, my gmail account is 'kevwil'.