------art_9050_15961035.1201081484408

On Jan 22, 2008 9:44 PM, NewtonApple <newtonapple / gmail.com> wrote:

> How does Revactor do in terms of memory?  I know for things like
> Stackless Python and Erlang, they can spawn thousands of threads
> without even blinking...  How does Revactor fare in this regard?

As best as I can calculate, the baseline overhead for an individual Actor
appears to be in the realm of 9.3kB.  Or at least, I noticed a ~93MB memory
increase after spawning 10,000 Actors.

It certainly can't hold a candle to Erlang's ~300 bytes, but it's also
nowhere close to the overhead of a thread, especially in Ruby 1.9.

--
Tony Arcieri
ClickCaster, Inc.

------art_9050_15961035.1201081484408--