On Jan 18, 2008 9:23 PM, Ruby Quiz <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> Your program will be passed some text on STDIN and is expected to print the
> longest repeated substring within that text to STDOUT.

I'm guessing that someone wants to break a Vigenere cipher.  The
longest repeated substring in text enciphered with a Vigenere cipher
has a close relationship to the length of the key, and once the key
length is determined, the cipher is halfway broken. At least that's
one application for this sort of algorithm...

--
普通じゃないのが当然なら答える私は何ができる?
普通でも普通じゃなくて感じるまま感じることだけをするよ!