On Jan 18, 2008 9:10 PM, Bob Hutchison <hutch / recursive.ca> wrote:

> On 17-Jan-08, at 8:31 PM, John Mettraux wrote:
>
> > 'rufus-verbs' is an extended HTTP client library (gem). It provides
> > the four main HTTP "verbs" as Ruby methods : get, put, post and
> > delete.
> >
> > == features
> >
> > currently :
> >
> > * follows redirections
> > * automatically adds _method={post|put} in the request parameters with
> > the option :fake_put => true
> > * HTTPS aware ('verify none' by default)
> > * HTTP basic authentication
> > * doesn't propagate auth credentials in case of redirection to
> > different host
> > * advertises and uses gzip compression
> > * proxy-aware (HTTP_PROXY env var or :proxy option)
> > * conditional GET (via ConditionalEndPoint class)
> > * request body built via a block (post and put) or the :data option
> >
> > maybe later :
> >
> > * retry on failure
> > * greediness (automatic parsing for content like JSON or YAML)
>
> You'll be able to not do this right?

Yes, the current behaviour should be the default. This greedy option
goes perhaps too far.

> I see you are dependent on rufus-lru. That's a really interesting gem
> that I don't remember seeing anything about before. What else do you
> have tucked away in there? I see the OpenWFE stuff...

It depends on rufus-lru only for the conditional gets. There is no
workflow related stuff in this "rufus-verbs" but of course I have
built it to scratch my itch and play with web resources from
workflows.

Best regards, thanks for the feedback,

--
John Mettraux   -///-   http://jmettraux.openwfe.org