On Jan 16, 2008 4:57 PM, Johnathan Smith <stu_09 / hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi there
>
> i wanting to write a regular expression which matches words which
> contain the vowels [aeiou] in alphabetical order
>
> im not sure where to start so any help would be greatly appreciated

Start with regular expression documentation; I think that's what your
teacher would want, instead of just having ruby-talk do your homework
for you.

http://ysomeya.hp.infoseek.co.jp/eng-quick_regex.html is one place to
start (very short); http://evolt.org/article/thelist/20/22700/ is
another, more extensive tutorial.

Neither of these are Ruby specific - this is OK, as what you need is
to understand the language regular expressions, not the language Ruby.

Eivind.