On Jan 15, 5:35 pm, Todd Burch <pro... / burchwoodusa.com> wrote:

> I'm confused because everything you state is 100% correct, yet Notepad
> still collapses text file on first edit.
>
> I did set my "save as" format in TextWrangler as Windows format.
> TextWrangler is saving files with \r\n.
> Notepad still collapses files on first edit.
>
> 'Splain me this!

Ok, I guess the only question I have then is, how are you transferring
the files from the Mac to the PC? If you're using FTP, and tranferring
in ASCII mode rather than binary mode, that might muck with the line
endings. Although, if that were causing a problem, I would expect it
would be adding extra \r before each \n, thus ending each line with \r
\r\n. Which shouldn't cause Notepad to collapse the lines.

So, I'm stumped.