On Jan 15, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Len Lawrence wrote:

> Sorry, I missed your first question.  Rubygems is 0.9.0.

Drat, I should have picked up on this sooner.

There was a bug in RubyGems 0.9.0 that caused it to do a "make clean"
on compiled extension modules after it finished compiling them, and
that's almost certainly why the shared object for FXRuby (fox16.so)
isn't present. The problem is described here:

	http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8936

and also here:

	https://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=4948&group_id=126&atid=575

It's fixed in more recent versions of RubyGems; if you upgrade to the
latest RubyGems, this should solve your problems with installing FXRuby.

Hope this helps,

Lyle