This is great news! No more action_mailer when all you really want is
tmail.

I wonder though - something I came up against before - is there a way to
attach a large binary file (using ports?) without reading it in its
entirety first? Ideally, you could just point the attachement to an IO
object, set the associated filters (eg base64), and then get it to
stream it to disk / smtp server.