On Jan 15, 2008, at 2:05 PM, Len Lawrence wrote:

> I am floundering here, again.
> Having more or less decided to switch from rubytk to fxruby I have
> installed FOX and the fxruby-1.4.7 gem in Mandriva 2007.  The simple
> test program from David Berube's book Practical Ruby Gems does not
> work.  In fact none of the package test examples will run either.
> They all
> fall down trying to load fox14...

<snip>

> and the error is:
> /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- fox14 (LoadError)
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:
> 27:in `require'
>         from zeg.rb:2
>
> The gem search path is:
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.4.7
> and the target is lib/fox14 which certainly exists and contains a
> number of ruby scripts; aliases.rb, calendar.rb, core.rb, etc.

It sounds as though the gem installation failed at some point. What
version of RubyGems are you using? Were there any error messages
during the build?

Please note that FXRuby version 1.4.7 is a very, very old version
which is no longer supported. It's quite possible that there have
been changes to GCC, or Ruby, or RubyGems, or who-knows-what, that
have rendered FXRuby 1.4.7 unbuildable in your particular development
environment. Is there some reason why you can't use the latest
release of FXRuby (currently, version 1.6.13)?