Thomas Hurst wrote:
> * Andrew Ohnstad (andrew.ohnstad / gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Solaris 10 x86 on a 64-bit Xenon server...  Can anyone guess where this
>> is going?
>
> It's *Xeon*.  Every time you say Xenon an Intel marketing team member
> kills himself.  Hm.. carry on.

Oops, I mean I meant to do that, I mean oops... }:0

> This looks like a Solaris bug:
>
>   http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6531439
>
> If the workaround described there doesn't work you might try getting the
> mysql extension tarball and messing about with extconf (maybe
> --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/amd64?  ugh) and/or the Makefile.
>
> You might also try strace/dtrace to see where the linker's looking for
> the library first, in case that workaround is incomplete.

Yuck.

This is a nudge in the right direction.  I was monkeying around with the
libraries mentioned in the bug report, (originally all of them existed
in some form, dunno if links or files) and ln'ed when I meant to ls and
lost track of what I was doing.  Strangely enough, it compiled without a
hitch immediately thereafter.

Sadly, it still doesn't work...

andrewo@host:~/test# script/console
>> require 'mysql'
LoadError: ld.so.1: ruby: fatal:
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/mysql.so: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64 -
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/mysql.so
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/mysql.so

I'll keep messing with it.

Thanks for the help.