On Jan 14, 2008, at 9:14 PM, s.ross wrote:

> I've had almost exactly the same experience. Really slow internet
> connectivity in general. I think I have it narrowed down to
> wireless using WEP. I hooked up an old fashioned ethernet cable
> (remember those?) and everything is lickety split fast. HTH.

me too.  this a leoTard issue.  in general i'm finding it to be
sucking the big one for networking - you can see the same behavior
with curl as you'll find in ruby.

i also disabled ipv6 and am using opendns for lookups.  still slower
than tiger though.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
it is not enough to be compassionate.  you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama