Thomas Adam wrote:
> Hello --
>
> On 15/01/2008, Scott Burton <scottburton11 / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone care go guess what's going on here?
>>
>> This started happening out of the blue. I've since updated Ruby but
>> still get "[BUG] Segmentation fault" on most operations involving ruby,
>> gem, rake, etc.
>>
>> This is just an example, most every usage of gem or rake will do this.
>> They fail repeatedly until they work:
>
> Anything else segfaulting?   Might be faulty memory -- see memtest86
> and friends.  If you set:
>
> ulimit -c unlimited
>
> Can you get a backtrace from the resulting corefile created via gdb?
>
> -- Thomas Adam

Thanks Thomas,

Here are two backtraces:

-----------
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-apple-darwin".
#0  0x900481ac in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x900481ac in ?? ()
#1  0x9012d7b4 in ?? ()
warning: Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
#2  0x0003aaf4 in ?? ()
#3  0x0006c1ac in ?? ()
#4  0x90130f54 in ?? ()
#5  0x0000e3d8 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x42000226
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x42000226
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
-----------

This GDB was configured as "powerpc-apple-darwin".
#0  0x900481ac in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x900481ac in ?? ()
#1  0x9012d7b4 in ?? ()
warning: Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
#2  0x0003aaf4 in ?? ()
#3  0x0006c1ac in ?? ()
#4  0x90130f54 in ?? ()