Heinrich Piard wrote:
> Sebastian Hungerecker wrote:
>> Mike McKinney wrote:
>>> should do :
>>>
>>>   ValidDate = File.readlines('someFile.txt').to_s.grep(/Not After/)
>>
>> Yes, and leave out the to_s, too. If you want a string use File.read
>> instead
>> of File.readlines. In this case you can use both, though, since String
>> and
>> Array both have a grep method. But using readlines to get an array and
>> then
>> converting it to string via to_s, doesn't make sense.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Sebastian
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> I did include those changes in my code.
>
> bye
> Henry

Hi all,

one more thing. I saw something in this forum about 'how to calculate
time difference' , but I can't find it anymore.

I want to calculate the time difference (in days):

DateDiff = CertValidDate - actualDate

but I get this error message:   undefined method `-' for
"2008-09-10":String (NoMethodError)

bye
Henry