On 12 jan, 23:06, Tim Hunter <TimHun... / nc.rr.com> wrote:
> blondinet wrote:

> >> [] method can't take block unless you do
>
> >> A.send '[]' do
> >> end
>
> >> a @http://drawohara.com/
> >> --
> >> sleep is the best meditation.
> >> h.h. the 14th dalai lama
>
> > Thanks for your response. However, I do not really understand why such
> > a behavior : for me, Class[] is just a shortcut for Class.[], which is
> > just a shortcut for Class.send '[]' ... Where am I wrong ?
>
> Ruby's parser doesn't allow a block to follow [].
>
> --
> RMagick:http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/
> RMagick 2:http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/rmagick2.html

Hello Tim, thank you for your response. However I think it is a bit
erroneous, since in my example, "A.[] do |a|" works !!
Anyway, I will go with it, even if it is the first time that I find
Ruby a bit incoherent, and I would like to know why ... (sigh)

P.S : by the way, Tim, thanks for your work on RMagick, it is quite
helpfull !!
      You may find interesting the following link http://xrvg.rubyforge.org/,
even if it just a beginning :-(