> Or in other words:
> How can I filter for an entry and then puts (or store in a variable)
> some of its children like
> 'puts Element.elements.each('entry') do {|output| puts
> output('//feature1', '//feature2')}'.
> The last bit is obviously nonsense, but in principle what I am looking
> for.
>
> Anyhow, I hope someone understands what I am trying to say here and can
> point me in the right direction :)
>
> Cheers,
> Marc
Hi Marc,

There are multiple ways to go about what you appear to be asking for,
but
the main ambiguity in your question is why do you want to select
the target elements all "in one go"? If this is an absolute
requirement,
perhaps you could explain the rationale behind it a bit more.

If it is *not* a requirement, then you can simply write an event-
based
parser (one approach) and then store only the information that
interests
you in a "placeholder" or "bookkeeping" variable. If there are
multiple
subsets of information that you want to extract, then just save those
multiple subsets into multiple variables, or save them into multiple
attributes of a single "bookkeeping object" that converts the XML into
a native ruby object.

Probably the best way to illustrate is by way of example code.

Here's a sample link:

http://www.janvereecken.com/2007/4/11/event-driven-xml-parser-in-ruby

HTH