Dirk Traulsen wrote:
> Hi Greg!
>
> Am 8 Jan 2008 um 6:05 hat Greg Go geschrieben:
>
>> @jd.to_s #=> 2008-03-09T13:24:59+00:00
>> @ld.to_s #=> 2008-03-09T06:24:59-06:00
>>                                 ^^^^^^
>>                                 !!!!!!
>>
>> It's my understanding that 13:24:59 offset by -6 hours should result
>> in
>> 7:24:59, not 6:24:59. The @ld instance seems to be confused?
>
> It looks like the reason could be the error that I found:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1698&aid=14540&
> group_id=426
>
> It is a rounding error inside Numeric#divmod, which I found while
> inquiring a similar error in date. This bug was confirmed for 1.8.6 and
> is fixed (for future versions). If you compile Ruby yourself, this
> patch could fix your problem too.
>
> Hope this helps
> Dirk

Dirk:

Building ruby myself is a little outside my comfort zone. In my opinion,
one of the major strengths of interpreted languages is that I can avoid
the compilation process, which I find to be tedious and difficult.

Some questions:
Is the bug fix included in 1.9.0?

If not, is there any way at all to work around the problem? I've tried a
number of things, but nothing seems to help.

Thanks!
Greg